Speaking of Spokane - #2

More Highlights from the weekend in Spokane


  • Watching the dog whisperer for the first time. Not Moe & his German shepherds; the real dog whisperer (DW) who's got a TV show where he teaches & trains peoples dogs (Kinda like a canine "Super-nanny").

    The DW cracked me up with silly comments, all made with a lisp, about a particularly aggro-dog, like "Ooooo. He becames excited." Actually, the best part was that all of us were sitting in my brother's living room watching this - my brothers, Ope, Bender, & Whitey. All guys. All glued intently to DW & his lispy wisdom. I guess you had to be there. I was.

  • Flying Southwest, & watching my brother spread out his stuff in order to discourage people from sitting next to him on the flight. I loved it because he made it look completely random, yet each movement had been specifically calculated to repel humanity. Good times.

  • Eating an entire rack of ribs all by myself.

  • Visiting the Gonzaga gym - where the magic happens (by that I mean where the hoops team plays.) Very cool - very small, but very cool.

  • Seeing Spokies. Cowboy chic meets hippy-grunge meets 80s hair (TRANSLATION: Mullet central. Mullets galore.) Loved it. Uniquely Spokane, from what I've been told. I especially was glad to see the guys in the house behind the alley who were on their garage roof shooting a gun at something. Very nice. From a distance.


  • I believe a good time was had by all, especially me.

    11 launchings into the blogosphere....:

    georgia said...

    I'm trying to imagine you with a mullet.....

    JayBird said...

    i have a wedding picture w/louie sporting a mullet... pic goes to the highest bidder. :>0

    David said...

    I don't remember you ever having a mullet, especially at your wedding. I do remember that you wore pink and we ate pizza.

    JayBird said...

    the pic is from my wedding & lou's mullet was thick & bushy like john stamos'.

    georgia said...

    I'll bid an ice cream cone for a peek at the pic.

    digapigmy said...

    it's weird that you had the same observations of spokies as i did. i was recently severely chastised by someone for taking the kids from spokane to reno with all the "hood rats" they have to currently endure. i have heard stupider things in my life. seriously

    No(dot dot)el said...

    i could imagine all of you guys glued to a show like that for the sole purpose of getting a good laugh.
    thanks for sharing more of the trip.

    georgia said...

    I don't think anyone has outbid me...

    JayBird said...

    i like i-cream (how i said it as a kid). i could bring it in on sun. or i could post it on my blog. thoughts?

    georgia said...

    Hmmmmm.....what does Louie think?

    JayBird said...

    silence reveals the answer. sorry, no mullet viewing, gc. :>)

    p.s. i'll show ya the next time you come over for dinner.