Defined by a label...?

Yesterday, I took a quiz I found on a blog I read - DISCLAIMER: this was a new thing for me, as I usually don't spend my time filling out meaningless, time wasters (my own stereotype & feelings about 'those things" inserted here.) This one, however, intrigued me, as it attempted to bring out & identify my "theological worldview" - I was intrigued because I see myself (& you) as a pretty sophisticated, complex, deep & often parodoxical person who can't be accurately described with a label. This quiz told me that I could. It was a challenge, & I took it. Here are the results.

You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan. You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

93%

Emergent/Postmodern

75%

Neo orthodox

64%

Fundamentalist

43%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

39%

Roman Catholic

29%

Reformed Evangelical

25%

Classical Liberal

25%

Modern Liberal

14%

What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com

8 launchings into the blogosphere....:

Earl W. Nash said...

Wow, I feel really good right now....cuz I have the exact same theological world view as my pastor :)

Earl W. Nash

TimmyMac said...

I scored 65% metro . . . no wait, that was the other quiz . . .

You must be a bad influence because I too scored as a Evangelical Holiness Whatchamajigger . . .

I was hoping for Quaker . . .

Jeni said...

You must be at least semi-contagious. My top three were the same, but the first two were switched...

And to plucky: it's okay. I'm sure if there had been a quaker option, you would have scored with it... :)

JayBird said...

Top 4 for me:

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
86%

Emergent/Postmodern
68%

Neo orthodox
61%

Charismatic/Pentecostal
54%

David said...

Quizzes like this are BS. They enlcose two statements in a question and then ask for an answer. It's as if I said "We need to breath to live, and breath is created by a troll named lothar who lives in your second heart."

Also, I'm not gay. I took the quiz on the same page as the theology quiz, so now I've got that ... straightened out.

I hate myself and want to die.

Murdoc said...

My score was better than Louie's. I'll attempt to post it on my blog. Maybe theologically inferior Louie can help me.

shontell said...

::snort:: (this snort is in response to David's comments.)
Also, I scored 86% on the Evangelical Whoody,Who but my second was a 57% as a Fundamentalist. I should say that I really don't know what that word means except that annoying pyramid scheming sales men say things like "Fun is in the word FUNdamental!!" Weird. i will take any psycho analyzing you wish to throw at me.

No(dot dot)el said...

OH BOY, I was highest in post-modern, then evangelical and my lowest was fundamentalist. YIKES, am I going to be kicked out!! I didn't know ANY of the people who they mentioned so that might of had something to do with it. Dunno. Very interesting but very much like David said BS :) I didn't say it , David did.