Everybody Must Get Cloned...

If you've ever wondered how I've ended up like I have, take a look at this:



Steve Taylor shaped my thinking about Christ, Christianity, & living the life of a Christ-follower, often using irreverent, sarcastic lyric/music... stuff that made me think & ask, "Now why is it we do it that way again?" And, "Is that REALLY how we're (aka: The Machine called church) coming off? And if so, why?"

Thanks to Pat D for sending this my way - you made my day.

4 launchings into the blogosphere....:

David said...

It's kind of embarassing, isn't it? The lyrics are good, but the performance taken out of context is pretty tough to watch.

scoey-d said...

No. Not embarassing to me. Maybe it should be, but I'm a child of the 80s - this is my world.

Steve Taylor was cutting edge when he did this stuff (or at least he was in my world.) He was a "The Clash" type of impact & influence on me - though the music does sound dated, so does a lot of Bowie from this time period.

And that outfit. If I had one that looked like this, I'd wear it in a heartbeat. Truly.

David said...

I'll buy you one. I might even make you one myself.

Taylor's other stuff makes this album sound even more dated.

shontell said...

I can't. I just can't watch this. it hurts me.