Ger-bloggin...

My 1st semester German class is drawing to a close; there are 5 classes left. The class that began with 30 students today had 5. We were all proverbially naked, laid bare in the eyes of Frau Carson. She has intensified the depth & amount of knowledge that she is forcing upon us. It's interesting to me that as the people have dropped the class, she has shifted from teaching the class to reading the book to us, & then assigning vast amounts of homework.

I believe that the work I'm doing now could possibly be done better on my own, with the book I purchased, in conjunction with a CD driven language learning program like Pimsleur than I am right now, & without the pressure of a 'strong minded' German woman making (or at least attempting to make) intimidating faces at me, compelling me to do better.

It's by the sheer force of will that I keep going - & that the Bean hasn't melted yet. Sigh.

1 launchings into the blogosphere....:

laura said...

I like the new look...
And I feel your pain. I experienced the male-American equivalent to your Frau Carson, except I had him for 2 lectures and 2 labs all in one semester. Our class too whittled down from 50 to 14 by the end. I found the trick was to let him believe that he was the smartest human being on the planet, and that it was my privilege to be in his class... pretty lowly, but it won me an A :)