End of the year stuff...


And the latest sign that December is here, that the year is just about to end...

Two weeks ago, I got my notification from my wonderful insurance company - they've been purchased by a company known as HealthNet, which means that the premium gets to be 'adjusted' to meet the new boss' bottom line... welcome to the world where the privilege of having a $5000 deductible has gone to $850/month.

Had the insurance rep do some checking around - looks like I personally am uninsurable for anything less than this price because I've had surgery 2x in the last 10 years - both to fix hinges that had broken. So, now I'm trying to find an insurance plan that will cover the wife & kids for something less that the proverbial arm & leg & go with that... & then bank on the wonderful government of the USA to take care of my issues should I go Scarecrow from Oz...

Come Lord.

2 launchings into the blogosphere....:

David said...

You could always find a large group of people who listen to stuff you say on a weekly basis and then manipulate them into giving money to an insurance fund for a needy family in the church.

That's not what I would do, but maybe it would work for you.

shontell said...

I just have to say, I have always struggled with when I wanted Jesus to make his big come back. I realize I have zero say, but a girl can ponder. Usually I pray for God to wait until I at least get to see grandbabies. This week, however, I have uttered your exact expression twice. Please, I just need it to be all done. TAKE ME NOW...but not just me. Take us all. I am ready.