Fisherman's Friend...


...are my friends too! They cut right through the crud in my throat like a hot knife through butta...

Though I'm a bit froggy, there is enough voice to speak & be heard. Woo hoo. Thanks for your prayers.

WARNING: Stop reading now if you're easily grossed out - you've been warned.

The coup d'grat was a Fisherman's Friend, followed by a cup of tea (Earl Grey, hot, just like Jean Luc!) & a cough that dislodged a piece of hardened flem about the size of a quarter. I'll leave any further descriptions to the imagination.

7 launchings into the blogosphere....:

David said...

It's like coughing up a dirt clod, right?

TimmyMac said...

Nice! A friend in phlegm is a friend to win.

Erin S. said...

Did it look like the Mucinex guy?

laura said...

so, basically a big booger was the culprit? nice. my voice is starting to go again... i will have to try your little friend.

Jeni said...

Hmmm... And what exactly is a Fisherman's Friend? And where would one find it?

scoeyd said...

Dabey- yes. Dirt clod. Grimy & gooey dirt clod.
TPT - yes. Phlegmatic.
Erin - Mucinex, no. Crusty chex mix, yes.
Laura - big booger. yes.
Jeni- Fisherman's Friend is a curiously strong throat lozenge, menthol-y to the max. Burns through anything in the nasal passage/froat... Any chain store, super store, drug store should carry it.

And, they're international. One can purchase them in Europe as well.

Jen in Budapest said...

I'll keep my eyes open for that one. I actually brought back throat stuff from the states at Christmas because the stuff I've found here is NOT helpful. Oh well...I'll look for Fishermans...