I've got a good heart...

Over the last week, I've been undergoing tests on my heart, some of which I've written about HERE. Yesterday, I went in for my 'evaluation', where the good Dr. Nylk (rhymes with Milk) would interpret for me the results of all the tests I had last week, & let me know what, if anything, I'd need to do to follow up...

After arriving & being ushered to the chilly examination room, I had the privilege of waiting an hour. I took the opportunity to reflect, send text messages to theBean, & to kick back with my eyes closed... Waiting has its perks.

Dr. Nylk came in & started with, "Great news," which I think is a nice way to start a 'heart-test-result-evaluation' if you ask me. The EKG is 'perfect,' (his word, that he used throughout the evaluation.) The echo-cardiogram is 'perfect, as a heart should be.' The thickness of the heart muscle is 'perfect.' The results of my lipid panel (cholesterol test) show that my LDL (bad) levels are well within acceptable limits at 97. My triglycerides came in at 88, also very good, & my HDL (good) levels were a whopping 85, which he said was incredible, as it is a real treat to get the HDL level on most people to 40.

The evaluation bottom line: I don't need to go back, & he doesn't ever want to see me again.

Hooray.


Part of my reflection in the waiting room was about the process that I've been going through in getting my heart muscle evaluated... going through various tests, examinations, indignities, & pokes, then waiting to hear from someone with some good perspective, someone who could speak with authority as to the health of my heart. It reminded me how similar this process has been to my own journey on emotional health & well-being, my time at CSR, meetings with Chuck, re-evaluating priorities, values, & asking God to 139me. I may blog this in more depth...


I'm glad to hear that my test results were 'perfect'. I also underestimated what the effect of said results would be on my kids, esp. the Pasty Gangster. He held onto me for about 10 minutes & told me how happy he was that my heart was good. At one point, I tried to detach from his squeeze (he's 6', 180# of solid muscle & he was loving me TIGHT) & he said, "Dad. I'm not done."

I want the results of my spiritual heart exam to be good as well. For me, & for my kids, & for the kids they eventually have, because a bad heart can be & is often hereditary.

Here's to good hearts.

10 launchings into the blogosphere....:

SeƱor H said...

Glad to hear you have a healthy heart!

Chemane said...

So very glad to hear everything is OK. I think this calls for a Double yay.

Yay-Yay!

No(dot dot)el said...

yeah to heart healthy life. proud of you for being a good steward with what you've been given.
you and your family make my heart happy. (big smile)

Erica said...

Cheers! Great news!...Very glad the tests came back good.

TimmyMac said...

Great news! Thanks for the udpate . . .

Your comparison to the emotional resonated . . . Testing verse results . . . Looking forward to hearing more . . .

Jeni said...

I'm very happy to hear your good news.
I also look forward to hearing more on the comparison to emotional health-- that sounds like it will be an exciting post (or posts).

Unknown said...

Praise the LORD!

jami said...

really glad things are looking good!

shontell said...

Sniff. I love that your son let you know that you are not the final say in when the hugging should be finished. After all, he was giving it to YOU. You can't possibly know when he is finished giving. :)

scoeyd said...

Thanks all. :)