a little humility...


This afternoon after work, I went for a 4 mile run - nice & invigorating, especially after the sun the went down. (Read: invigorating means It was icy-cold.) Fortunately, I made sure to dress for the weather, meaning that my little ears, hands, & feet were all ably cared for & amply covered by the appropriate runners-wear.

The only thing that really suffered was my lips - the cold caused them to get pretty chapped by the time I was done. Usually, I carry a tube of "Lip Service," (Vanilla Ice flavor if you must know,) but today, it slipped my mind, so by the last 1.5 miles, all I could think about was getting to the car, (the Ex, the car theBean usually drives) & the tube of Burt's Bees that I'd seen in the center console. It made me fast.




I got to the car & applied the Burt's Bees liberally. Ahh. Relief.

Had a couple of places to go. 7-11 for a Double Gulp fill up. USPS.

When I got to Sev- (which of course is the way all the Cool Guys refer to 7-11), the people in line at the soda fountain gave me a look. A double take. Enough that I noticed. I felt like the guy behind the counter was trying not to look at me. Hmmm. As I paid the $1.19 for the refill, a guy that had just come in stopped & said, "Nice!" & then kept walking. People are weird.

At the Post Office, it was more of the same. What is UP with people today?

Got home & got ready to take a shower... happened to glance in the mirror on my way to bathing (no, it wasn't an Innerspace, "Tuck Pendleton, gazing in the mirror moment,") & saw that I looked... shiny. Glittery. Shimmery even. My lips were rosy. And sparkly. Uh oh.

I re-clothed & went to the Ex, to the center console where the Burt's Bees was... Turns out, I HAD applied the familiar Burt's Bees. But it also turns out, my favorite lip balm company also makes a product known as "Champagne Shimmer." And all the afternoon's funny looks make sense.

And I feel pretty...

5 launchings into the blogosphere....:

TimmyMac said...

Awsome . . . simply awesome . . . Perfect application to my saying that "you've got to live it if you want to tell about it."

Thanks for sharing . . . You put a much needed smile on my face . . .

laura said...

ROTFL.... can't hardly even type.

No(dot dot)el said...

hee hee hee. between you and shontell's blog i know have an eternal chuckle on the inside.

Unknown said...

hehehehe. awesome!

shontell said...

HEY, now I KNOW I posted something on here. I don't know where it went so I will just carry over what I remember typing last night. It went something like this: AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAchoke.