quotable...

I've been eagerly awaiting the release of U2's newest album - & with a little help from my friend (thanks Dabey,) I was able to catch a listen to a couple more tracks... White As Snow & No Line On the Horizon...

I listened to the mp3's while reading a 'blog-review' of White As Snow, which describes the song as one of the most unique, stripped down, & 'intimate' songs U2 has ever done... which is saying something. What really jumped out at me was a seemingly throwaway quote from Bono at the end of the review... He says:

Intimacy. It's the new punk rock...





Hmmm.

1 launchings into the blogosphere....:

David said...

Happy to help.

I would like to see U2 get away from writing self-help albums like they have the last couple of times out.

Frontmen like Bono do have a Christ complex, but that's because Jesus invented the punk attitude. He may not have done it with the sneer of Johnny Rotten and Sid Vicious, but he was about as anti-establishment as it gets.

He was probably one of the first gutter punks, too. You can't tell me the he and the apostles took a lot of showers.