Tuesday morning thoughts...

Yesterday was a travel day - making my way to CSR, Virginia, & the East... the flight I had to get on to start the day was at 6 in the morning... which of course means that one needs to arrive at the airport & through security by 4:50 a.m... this is really hard to do if one awakes at 5:00 a.m. Oops. It was funny to run around crazy, (a very calm, controlled crazy, don't you know?) & be out of the house by 5:07. Silly me. TheBean was great & even got extra snacks together for me on the way out of the house.




Got to the airport at 5:25 (I'm actually married to the Transporter, so as long as I pay attention to her rules, she will get me where I need to be, no questions... :)

Inside, the United desk had closed the registration for my opening flight, & were explaining to a couple of people (increasingly loud & frustrated people) that if they had just been there ON TIME to register & check their bags, this wouldn't be happening. (Which, I must point out, is pretty obvious - but also not on the approved list of saying for "Grumpy People Handling 101.." I made my way up to the counter, shot up a quick prayer for favor - & the attendant checked my info & my bag. I told her I was late, & that I thought I'd still be able to make it to the flight. She smiled. I also told her "These are not the droids you're looking for," & "My bag will be hand placed onto the plane by the Miles Davis of bag handlers..." I got to my gate & my boarding group hadn't been called...




Went through Denver, on to Chicago, & then to Roanoke, VA on a leeetttle jet that you'd fly on the SF to Reno flight...

Waited at the baggage claim for my bag... & there it was. Thank you Jesus - here's to prayer & Jedi mind tricks, my very own woman driver, self-control, & keeping a good attitude in the middle of chaos.




Now it's Tuesday & I'm slowly navigating onto E.S.T.

Brought coffee from home - & watched it brew at 0 Dark:30... the coffee maker has a "Stronger Brew" button. I don't know if it does anything, but I pressed it 11 times. It's like having an amp that goes to "11," because making "10" louder just isn't enough. "11" provides the extra "umph."




Comfy bed, nice office space, & quiet. It is green outside, which is nice to look at from INSIDE. Weather forecast says thunder showers. Hoping it can hold off a bit, as I've got tickets to the Salem Red Sox game this evening...




Meeting with Chuck today for lunch & talks, then nothing on the agenda save a trip to Walmart & maybe to the Starbucks on the edge of the VaTech for reading, good java, & people watching. The students are coming back for the fall in droves, which means this place is hopping with Hokies.




Ahh.

2 launchings into the blogosphere....:

Tim Vockrodt said...

Sounds like quote the adventurous day my friend. I especially enjoyed the part about the Jedi mind tricks. I hope your time back East is both refreshing and rewarding.

shontell said...

AHAA I mean, I am glad you are well and safe and get coffee. I also mean LOL because Jedi mind tricks should ALWAYS be a back up to prayer. I mean, God made the man smart enough to create that line in the movie; why not use it?